Monday, June 1, 2009

New

I really don’t think many people have time to read pointless blogs that drone on and on about who someone hates or what kind of music they like. Perhaps in the not too distant future people will use the internet so much that they will be able to integrate it into every facet of their home life and business life. The only reason I started this blog was so I would have another outlet to stretch my creative muscles. I have kept many paper journals throughout my life which document different stages in my life. It is pretty interesting to read them and start reminiscing about what mindset I was in at the time. Usually when I start a journal I end up taking a long sabbatical from writing in it for some reason. My first actual journal documents my life as a struggling musician in Tampa, Florida. Though it actually begins with my first semester in community college in El Paso, Texas. There has always something about the traditional education system that seems to bore me. I’ve always learned better through hands on projects and activities. In high school I was a part of a great program called Synergy, which integrated regular course work with many technology based team projects. We were able to learn new perspectives from each one of our teammates. It proved to be very valuable to me because before I joined synergy I seriously thought I would not graduate from high school. I was also pretty engrossed by all things music and guitar related. So when graduation time rolled around, I was somewhat shocked to learn I was graduating. I remember I went through so many changes during those four years.I know most teenagers do, but I went through many more in addition to the regular teenage angst. I consider myself pretty lucky because there were so many times when I wanted to give up and lay down and die. Thanks to the support of my teachers and the synergy group I was able to push through all of the feces that was clouding up my mind. There is so much more to write on the events that took place when I was in Florida but I’ll write that later. Just one important thing for all of us to remember….human potential is infinite!

No comments:

Post a Comment