Thursday, June 11, 2009

Been Busy

Well, I have been busy for the past couple of days just writing about everything and anything I can think of in an effort to broaden my horizons. In addition to this blog I am also posting stuff on livejournal.com and hubpages.com. Under the same username: buddhkist. I have also been trying to find some kind of legitimate freelance writing work but so far every company I have come across asks for an up front registration fee. And those stupid "millionaires" keep sending me all these emails about promising to make me a millionaire in a matter of months (or weeks). I know that the only way they were able to make their millions was by selling people their course materials. I bet there a lot of people in our country who have been purchasing just about every home business program they are able to. It is just a shame that there are still people out there who still take advantage of others' circumstances. I could never ask someone to buy a program from me and/or make false promises about becoming a millionaire. I suppose that explains why I have never done too well in a sales position. I am not a greedy person nor have I ever really been driven by greed. It always fascinates me when I see or hear about someone who is working a job solely for the money. I do understand that in our society we do need money in order to provide for ourselves and our families but there are those individuals who become obssessed with chasing the almighty dollar. For them it is not enough that they make $3.4 million in a matter of months. They somehow feel the need to earn more and more and more. Greed is just another one of those things that always ends up hurting our society. Oh well, we're only human. I still have great faith in mankind and nothing will ever change that. Not even if someone offered me a million dollars, heh.

As for my writing career right now, it is still in its infancy but I am getting new ideas everyday. I am doing my best to write them all down before I forget them. I have also decided to resurrect a series of stories/books I used to write when I was 13-14 years old. I remember I would hand write them and had my Mom make copies of them with the copy machine she had at work. My Dad would also draw the cover pictures for me. He grew up drawing all of those classic comic book heroes and monsters from old black and white movies. All the stories were in essence spin-offs of the Goosebumps books series. I wrote them during a time when just about all of my friends were really into those books. We used to have reading contests with them too and see who could finish the newest book the fastest. None of us ever cheated either, I think I even won a bag of chips once too. Mostly we would just play for bragging rights though. Anyways, the first story I wrote was titled The Haunted Knocker, it was about this halloween decoration that had this menacing green goblin face on it and would play different sayings when someone would approach it. BEWARE! WELCOME! Those were some of the things it would say. In the story I actually made myself the main character and I discover that the knocker has come to life and is trying to take over my mind/body in order to continue living. I won't describe it anymore than that but it did have a bit of a surprise ending. All of my stories had surprise endings. The nice thing about them was that they were pretty short and just got right to the main plot points. So all of my friends and classmates immediately loved them. My 6th grade english teacher liked them as well. I only wish that I still had the original copies of those stories. I had placed them in a shoe box and had the box in my closet and then I just kinda forgot about them for awhile. My Dad said that he had put some of his stuff and my stuff in a storage room when I moved to Florida after graduation. They were most likely thrown away by the manager after my Dad fell behind on the rental payments. I do kind of still remeber most of the stories. It's a good thing they weren't too long. Just thinking about rewriting them is really getting my creative juices flowing. I have already started writing the first story in the newly revived series. It will be titled "The Thing In The Desert". So far it is coming along nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment