Sunday, June 28, 2009

Fortunes

Today I had lunch with my family at this chinese restaurant. I had the japanese teriyaki bowl, it was pretty good. They had this big pile of fortune cookies in a bin next to the soda dispensing machines. Naturally, we scooped up as much as humanly possible. I only opened 3 cookies. The first fortune read "The love of your life will appear in front of you unexpectedly!" Isn't that pretty much how it always happens? I think, heh. The second fortune read "There will be many surprises: unexpected gains are likely." It could be gains of any kind, not just monetary. The last fortune read "The best times of your life have not yet been lived." Which is true no matter what stage in life you are in. I do find it interesting that I would get 3 fortunes that appear to be so very connected. The first one deals with Love. The second with Gains. The third with Life. That just about sums up what ALL of us strive for during our existence. Love, Life and Gains (monetary and/or material).I wonder what kind of fortune I would have gotten had I cracked open a fourth. Perhaps the secret to unlocking all three and applying them in daily life. One can only imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment