Saturday, June 20, 2009

Memories Past

I recently got back in touch with a friend of mine. He and I played in a pretty awesome rock band together almost 4 years ago. We truly lived the lives of starving musicians. We lived in this 2 bedroom apartment for a few months and were stupid enough not to keep our day jobs. Not that we didn't believe in our skills as musicians, we just sorely needed the money to continue funding our musical endeavors. Things ended on a bad note but that is all behind us now.

I remember when we were SO desperate for food that we found some old bag of cornbread mix and cooked up some of it. I think the mix was way past its expiration date though because the cornbread was not very tasty. We were able to keep it down though, that was the only good thing about it. lol Our drummer Anthony then decided to pour some chocolate syrup on the cornbread for extra flavor. I do recall it wasn't that bad with the chocolate syrup. If I had to decide whether I wanted to relive those moments all over again or just have them completely erased from my memory...I would definitely choose to relive them. It was one of those experiences that not everyone gets to go through. Most probably choose not to go through.

When all of your energy is channeled into one task then everything else seems to be dwarfed by comparison. Everyone should pursue whatever makes them happy, even if you fail a thousand times. Follow your dreams, follow your dreams. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment