Saturday, June 30, 2012

Only You

 I embarked on my own spiritual journey a few years ago. Not because I was looking for answers but because I wanted to learn about what makes the Universe tick. I read a ton of books on Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism and a few lesser known ancient religious sects. I ended up feeling more perplexed than ever before but then I started to take notice of everyone and everything around me. One of the main objectives of Buddhism is to be more aware of your surroundings and learn to appreciate each moment no matter what it brings. Obviously this is easier said than done but with practice it does become easier. Another thing I realized was how interconnected we all are. Everyone and everything is truly interconnected and interdependent! There is no escaping this fact. In modern society we can ignore it and deny it all we want but it does not change our interconnectedness.

 Today, I do not ascribe to any religious denomination. It doesn't mean I don't believe in a source or creator of everything. I do believe that all of the magnificent energy that created our entire existence came from somewhere. But whoever or where ever it came from will most likely continue to allude us until we are able to set aside all egoistic constructs. It is our differences that make us uniquely strong. Each of us has our own path to follow. Each of us must respect each individual journey. And whenever we find ourselves bumping into each other we must do our best to resolve whatever conflicts may arise. If no resolution can be found then we must move on.

 There's no need to complicate things. All the details are intricately laid out before us. It is just a matter of deciding what you want out of life and taking the necessary steps. During times of stress, just remind yourself that only YOU know what's best for YOU. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment