Thursday, April 22, 2010

Grateful Depression

 I wrote this as a response to a video but thought I should post it elsewhere too.
 
  I was stuck in a very low frequency for a while as a teenager. So much so that my doctor diagnosed me as clinically "depressed." I took anti-depressants but found that they did more harm to my mental state. Luckily, I gravitated towards music and playing the guitar. Anything I couldn't speak I could express through my guitar. I stopped taking anti-depressants and focused all of my energy on creating and playing music. Funny thing is...I am actually grateful for that experience of "depression." :-)

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it funny how the darkest moments in our lives can sometimes help to become an outlet for something else if we allow it to be? I am glad you found an outlet to express your self in such a fashion. In the long run the side effects are a lot more productive than those on the side of a bottle :) Hang in there my friend :)

    ReplyDelete